Just as Prof. Feraud, from the Russian stand in the Forum des Langues de Toulouse, describes the event yesterday, with the public reaction to the presentation of the Proto-Indo-European language revival project:
There was a good attendance to the Language Forum, maybe in the thousands. Some hundreds of leaflets have been distributed among visitors – see an example of 4 leaflets in A4 size.
We’ve got in touch with many language associations and groups with variable reactions:
- Complaints about the complexitiy of Proto-Indo-European declensions by some speakers of non-inflected languages.
- Polite and positive reception by most other stand representatives of European languages.
- Very good understanding of the bases of the project especially by the Indian and the Modern Hebrew ones, because of evident reasons.
- Future collaborations with another Language Association and a European institution of Toulouse are forseeable, thanks to the contacts made.
- AND, some critics also from the Esperanto stand: “the language for the European Union already exists, it is Esperanto…” 😕
Your Indo-European Language Team.