Version: 1.03 (2 January 2019)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
A Storm of Hordes: hic sunt leones, hic sunt dracones is the fourth and last volume of a series of books called A Song of Sheep and Horses, which includes linguistic data in the first volume, A Song of Sheep and Horses, and archaeological and genetic information in volumes 2 and 3, A Game of Clans & A Clash of Chiefs.
This volume contains supplementary materials: poster-size high-quality maps and graphics to illustrate the information contained in the other three volumes. Maps include cultures and their inferred migrations, as well as genetic data published to date added automatically with the help of GIS software.
Read online or download
Due to the big size of the whole volume, you may be willing to try different alternatives among the following, for the most comfortable reading experience.
The recommended option is to read or download individual maps and associated files directly from the official site https://indo-european.eu/maps/. Updates and relevant comments will be posted there.
Graphics (PCA; ADMIXTURE) can also be downloaded from the same site, at https://indo-european.eu/pca/.
If you want to have the full, bookmarked PDF, you may want to right click and download the file to read it from your computer or device, instead of trying to read it online:
- PDF (View Online / Download), Bookmarked, in Color v. 1.03 (147.3 MB!):
- Download or read from Indo-European.info (v. 1.03), the official download site
As a last alternative to read the supplementary materials offline, if you find difficulties reading the PDF because of its size, is to download all individual files as a single compressed ZIP file (it may contain old versions of graphics, unlike those available online):
- 7z file, with maps and graphs published on 1st January 2019 (124.9 Mb).
- ZIP file, with maps and graphs published on 1st January 2019 (159.1 Mb).
- RAR file, with maps and graphs published on 1st January 2019 (159.3 Mb).
You can share comments and corrections directly with firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can share them publicly in the Forum for discussion.
- 2 JAN 2019 :: (v. 1.03) Corrected PCA of European Bronze Age (Czech BA) and added Bell Beaker shade.
- 2 JAN 2019 :: (v. 1.02) Corrected “R1b-L745” for R1b-L754 in Eneolithic and Neolithic maps and deleted Trypillia expansion date on Late Eneolithic map.
- 1 JAN 2019 :: (v. 1.01) Corrected extra water (of Neolithic and later periods) on Late Mesolithic maps.